Choosing the right staffing partner is one of the most important decisions you’ll make as a business leader. At the end of the year, everyone’s plate is beyond full – and if you elect to partner with a staffing company, it needs to be the right one: the one whose values, approach and industry understanding complement that of your own organization.
Here are a few questions to ask to ensure you are hiring the right staffing firm for your company:
- Does the company specialize in my field; how much industry experience do they have? Keep in mind, specialized staffing companies tend to attract more highly qualified workers and have a better understanding of your needs than general staffing firms.
- What kind of reporting and documentation will be provided? Will you receive detailed weekly/monthly/quarterly reports showing specific information including placements, pay rates, bill rates and quality control metrics? Are invoices and billing information detailed?
- What is the turnaround time for placement? Turnaround time for placements can range from a few hours to a few weeks. What will work for you?
- How are the candidates qualified? What screening processes, tests, background, reference checks, etc. are in place to ensure the candidates meet your project criteria?
- What are the pay rates and benefit packages for workers? Because the employee is officially working for the staffing agency, it is the agency who will be determining his or her wages and benefits. Are these wages in line with industry averages?
- Will my contact be available 24/7? Construction is not a 9-5 business. Will the agency be reachable outside of normal business hours?
- How do you charge? Some agencies charge placement fees while others charge a certain percentage of the employees’ wages.
Working with the right staffing partner can reduce your overhead, operational costs and improve performance. See how we work to meet the unique demands of your business. Click here to view available workers by trade and location.
Questions? Call 1.866.532.6777 or request more information.